Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sleep

My precious boy Ben has decided that sleep is not for him.  Ever since Christmas, he screams like he's absolutely terrified when we put him down to sleep.  Imagine my dismay since this was my child's only redeeming quality--he was an excellent sleeper.  He'll only sleep if you lay down with him.  Of course I usually fall asleep first, wake up around 1am, sneak out, and then get woken up again by Ashlyn who thinks she needs to eat during the night.  This wakes Ben up and we all sleep on the living room floor.  Ben hasn't been taking afternoon naps and I have a bunch of things I want to get done.  I'm cranky because I slept on the hard floor and I don't get any "me" time to get stuff done/relax/burn some calories.  I'm sure the extra cortisol in my system is storing up even more fat.  That's ok...I like a challenge.  Ben pushes all of my buttons all.  day.  long.  I'm starting to think my kids will not live past age two.  Or maybe I won't.  This seems to be a VERY long phase.  But it's just a phase, right?  Kids do eventually grow out of the "I'll do exactly what you just told me not to do, look at you, and laugh when you get really mad" phase.  At least that's what I keep telling myself. 

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh I hope this is just a phase and that he grows out of it quickly! I know how precious and necessary good sleep is!