Monday, March 7, 2011

Crunch Time

I have less than 5 weeks until my due date.  At my last OB appt, I was 1cm dilated!  Which, by the way, is 2 weeks earlier than I started dilating with Ben.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up that I won't have to wait 5 more weeks to see this little girl.  But then again, maybe I'll need the 5+ weeks to be ready for her.  My mom threw me a wonderful shower on Saturday and we are now much more prepared than we were, but we still have lots to do.

1.  install car seat bases in cars
2.  sort clothes and figure out what I still need (my project for today)
3.  wash clothes
4.  organize dresser for 2 kids
5.  buy last minute stuff
6.  clean house
7.  clean booster seat (it's looking rather gross)
8.  pack hospital bag
9.  pack larger diaper bag
10.  wash crib sheets

I feel like it's a much more lengthy list than this, but the clean house one's really going to take some time...

Ben is doing AMAZINGLY well in his toddler bed.  He loves the bed and hasn't looked back at the crib for a second.  At first, he would wake up multiple times throughout the night and just need some music played or a back rub, or occasionally a heave-ho push back up on the mattress before he fell asleep again.  Now, even those times are dwindling.  Thank goodness.  I am not ready to be woken up at all hours of the night yet.  I still need my 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep or else you may find me sleeping on the living room floor in the afternoon while my child chews on a pencil and throws random things into the trash.  That may or may not have happened this week...

0 comments: