Monday, March 28, 2011

10 days!!!!!

I have only 10 days until my due date.  At the beginning, I thought for sure I'd be overdue.  I mean, Ben took his time coming out, why wouldn't this one, too?  Then as the day approached, I began to think that she was going to come earlier.  I was dilated earlier, she felt like she was dropping, and I was totally not ready for her to come.  Perfect scenario for a brand new baby to make her appearance, right?  Well, I am a little more prepared, but have come to terms with the things that just won't be done in time and she's not here.  I think I'm jinxing myself.  Alex is very excited to get things going so he can take time off work.  He took me on 2 walks yesterday and plans to keep that up all week long.  Everyone in my family has their cell phone next to them at work anticipating my frantic call for them to rush me to the hospital.  Have I had a single contraction?  No.  I think I'm one of those people that either don't feel contractions (before they start to hurt, that is) or simply don't notice them.  I'm trying to squat more often to encourage the pelvic pressure. 

Baby girl, please come out.  I really want to meet you and I'm pretty tired of going to work.  If you could come before my next scheduled shift on Thursday night, I would be delighted.  Love, mom.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, only ten days!! Hope she comes soon!:)

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

I had both my girls 10 days early, i had kaylee on my own but induced with mackenzie so family can come and i had high blood pressure. good luck