Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Heart Food Network

Alex and I love watching the food network and we'll really miss it when we move because let's face it, we don't NEED cable.  But we sure do enjoy it.  We are currently addicted to the Next Food Network Star, the Great Food Truck Race, Restaurant Impossible, Challenge, and a host of others.  I also like Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals and Kelsey's Essentials

I feel like I can actually make fancy dishes!  Alex will be the executive chef of our home and I'll be the pastry chef.  Pastry chefs aren't usually thin people.  At least the good ones aren't, haha.  So that kind of ruins my baby weight loss plans.  So far, we have made the most delicious ribs you will ever eat as well as a fantastic chicken parmesean. 

The only other problem (besides the weight GAIN from this little hobby of ours) is that it is counter productive to my coupon clipping nature.  I doubt there's a lot of ways to save when you shop at a butcher, bakery, and farmer's market for the real good and fresh stuff. 

 Like fresh herbs. 

Not the stuff that comes out of the jar.  It's amazing what fresh cilantro tastes like. 

And panko bread crumbs!  hopefully i spelled that right)  They make such a difference compared to the "seasoned" italian bread crumbs we always have on hand. 

My life will never be the same.  And neither will my waistline...

0 comments: