Sunday, October 9, 2011

An Exciting Night at Work

If you didn't know, I work in a pharmacy.  Other than the occasional angry patient (or sometimes frequent angry patients) work isn't usually too exciting.  And that's the way I like it.  This past week was a little different.  One night at about 11:50pm, a guy walks up to the counter where I am standing ready to greet him with a smile and demands all of our oxycodone.  He threw a bag on the counter, flashed a weapon at his side and succeeded in scaring the heck out of me.  My eyes got really big and I involuntarily started backing away from the counter.  I looked toward my pharmacist who was unfortunately at the other end and started calling his name.  He didn't look up at first so I tried to sound more insistent.  Luckily, he sensed something was wrong and came over.  He told me to head to the back and I got completely out of the pharmacy and called 911.  I didn't want to be stuck in some sort of hostage situation!  All in all, the guy left before my pharmacist came back with the drugs (he stalled) and the police came shortly after that.  I kept thinking that I need to memorize what this guy is wearing and what he looks like but fear is a bit paralyzing and I didn't remember anything useful.  Oh the joy of dispensing drugs!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Tiffany, that is sooooo scary!!! I'm glad everything was ok and that no one got hurt. SCARY!!