Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mixed Emotions

Right now, I'm feeling...
...excited to be moving to a new place
...nervous to be moving to a new place
...sad to be leaving family

I can't wait to learn a new area, find new things to do, and be on our own again.  I wish that didn't also come with leaving old friends and family behind and paying bills.  Can't I have my cake and eat it, too?  I'm looking forward to making new friends (let's cross our fingers since I'm pretty shy at first, but let's face it--Alex is pretty social haha) and keeping the old ones.  I am definitely NOT looking forward to a 16 hour drive with my one and two year olds.  I've scouted out a bunch of parks to stop and play along the way.  I've never driven so much in my life.  My help with driving during road trips consists of an hour or two max after gently persuading my hubby that he needs a break or when I was younger it was trying to convince my parents that yes, I really can drive on the highway.  lol.  I thought I was doing pretty good with the whole packing thing, but now I'm growing a little nervous.  I keep finding more stuff that's ours.  haha.  I'm also nervous about the apartment we're renting since I've never seen it before in my life.  Here goes the adventure of a lifetime!

0 comments: