Friday, April 1, 2011

39 weeks

I just got back from my 39 week OB appt.  Our little baby girl is practicing to be a gymnast and has flipped....to a breech position.  She did a quick ultrasound and sure enough, the baby's head is near my ribs.  I have an external version scheduled for sunday morning.  If they can turn her, I'll be induced immediately.  If not, it's off to surgery I go!  So, I'll be holding a little girl in 2 days!!  I just really hope it doesn't come down to a C-section.  I totally broke down in the doctor's office.  Stupid pregnancy hormones.  At least she's healthy!  Another testament that Heavenly Father is in charge.  Hopefully I have the strength to get through it!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh man! I was terrified of a c section when I was pregnant. Hopefully they're able to flip her. Stephanie's oldest, William, was breech but they were able to turn him. But, lots of my friends have had c sections and survived them and said they weren't that bad. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures!!:)

Margaret Proffitt said...

Oh Tiffany! I'm so sorry to hear this. I tried a external version with Booker and unfortunately it wasn't successful. But he had been breech for MONTHS and his head was fully engaged at the time. I hope it works for you!

If not, there's something called the Webster technique that some chiropractors are trained in. I wish I had known about it, because I would have tried anything and everything to avoid a c-section. Also, check out the website www.spinningbabies.com

Sorry about all the unsolicited advice. Either way, you'll do great! And plus, a planned c-section is usually better than an unplanned one. Good luck. Can't wait to virtually meet her!