Friday, May 20, 2011

A-MA-ZING

I just have to share how amazing I think my cute little daughter is.  At six weeks, she goes to sleep from about 9pm til 6 or 7am with one feeding at about 2am, which she falls right back to sleep afterwards.  She also does not take a pacifier well, which excites me since I don't care for pacifiers to begin with and always worry that my child will be attached to it way beyond her babyhood.  She DOES take a bottle though, which is in her best interest since I go back to work on the 25th!  Seven and a half weeks really does go by too quickly.  Last and best of all, she falls asleep on her own!!!!!  No binkys, no swaddling, no music, no rocking.  Just lay her down, she maybe cries for a minute or two, coos, and is out.  This thrills me to no end.  Ben didn't do this until 7 months and I chose to cry it out with him.  Even now, he usually cries himself to sleep with music unless he is super tired. 

I just got the okey dokey from my doc to exercise again! WAHOO!!!  Treadmill here I come!

1 comments:

Jill Bienz said...

I have to say I am WAY jealous of a few of those things...Tyler has been a good sleeper since the beginning, but his schedule has never been terribly regular. We have figured it out enough by now that we can kind of guess when he'll wake up based on how the day went and how tired he is. Sometimes he surprises us and sleeps way longer than expected, but he usually eats around midnight or so and then sleeps until 6 or so. Congrats on your little sleeper!

Second, the falling asleep on her own...however you made that happen, whatever you ate during pregnancy, please let me know! That would make my life SO much easier if Tyler would just fall asleep on his own. He will be 12 weeks on Tuesday and still has to be swaddled and rocked to sleep.

So anyway, if you can share the wealth with me on both of these things, that would be awesome! :D