Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Random Happenings

Ben now LOVES to help me.  His newest accomplishment: doing laundry.  He likes to go outside with me (which he always has), but now he loads and unloads--and occasionally tries to reload--the washer with me.  

*    *    *

He loves to help harvest the garden.  In fact, he doesn't even need help.  Now that our strawberries have seemed to diminish, he has moved onto tomatoes.  The other day while I was hanging clothes, he decided to pick some.  The only problem is he doesn't know to only pick the red ones.  When he picks a green one, we put it in the compost so at least it doesn't go to waste.  Well, he's no dumb kid and he caught on quickly that the green ones go in the "green monster."  So while I wasn't looking, he was busy picking as many green ones as he could, then walked over to the compost, pointed and grunted for me to open the lid, threw them in, and promptly clapped for himself and went back for more.

*     *    *

Ashlyn has recently decided that she doesn't take bottles.  I love that she loves to nurse, but for the sake of the family, she really needs to suck it up and take one while I'm at work.  Or I might go broke trying every bottle out there. 

*    *    *

Ashlyn sleeps through the night! 

*    *    *

Ben can now go down the slide at the park all by himself.  He about gives me a heart attack every time he leans over the rails, but I'm adjusting.  Who makes a playground for kids 2-5 (albeit he's not 2 yet) with about a foot in between each horizontal bar?? 

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for sleeping through the night! I hope she's better at taking a bottle now. Lexi never did, but luckily I didn't have to go to work. So it was a pain but not as much as a necessity. And we spent so much money trying different bottles and nipples. They need to sell a cheap sample kit of all the types. haha