Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm Dreading...

...taking Ben across the country.  Next week we leave on a plane for North Carolina and Virginia to see family.  I am frightened of that flight and I should probably start praying for sympathetic passengers now.  And maybe invest in some ear plugs.  We didn't buy him a seat (cuz we're cheap like that) so he'll be on our laps the entire time.  That would be just fine if he actually stayed on our laps.  However, if it is anything like church, he will definitely NOT stay there and what's worse, he will have no where to go.  I can hear the kicking and screaming now.  I'm really hoping that he loves looking out the window.  I plan on bringing the biggest carry on bag that the airport will allow packed full of diapers, snacks, and toys.  But I don't think it will be enough.  Ben is more of a people watcher and he doesn't like to be confined.  His favorite thing to do is to take something out and drop it on the floor--a no-no on a plane.
If by chance we do make it in one piece to the other side of the country, it will be freezing cold and he's not fond of hats, jackets, and I'm guessing mittens will come right off as well.  Plus, we'll be entirely with family he's never seen before.  And it's the in-laws.  Besides my love for visiting the snow, I'm not exactly looking forward to this trip.

0 comments: